An app developed for the Wix platform must be registered in the Dev Center. Visit the Dev Center to find all of the resources necessary to develop, register and submit an app including documentation, support, samples and much more.
In the Dev Center you can integrate an existing app, develop new apps from scratch and define and manage your app’s configurations. The “My apps” tab displays a list of all of your apps and their status, specifically the Wix approval process status. From the "My apps" tab, you can also edit your app's configurations and test your app in the Wix Editor.
Table of Contents
Registering Your App
To register a new app, follow the link below and fill in your app details. You will have to provide us with general details about your app as well as specifics regarding your Widget or Page app and the settings section.
To register your app with Wix:
1. Go to the registration page in the Dev Center
2. Under App Name, type a name for your app and click Register Your App. We will assign you with an app key and secret key.
|This name will appear in the App Market. You must name your app but you will always be able to change your app name later.|
4. If your app is a widget, under Widget URL, add your Widget endpoints. Under Default Width and Default Height, add your app's default width and height and under SEO URL, add your app's SEO endpoints.
5. If your app is a Fixed position app, under Widget URL, add your Widget endpoint. Under Default Width and Default Height, add your app's default width and height. Under default position select the default position for your Widget, this will define where the app will be positioned when added to the site. If you selected one of the middle positions, under default margin set the margin from the edges/middle point of the browser. Note: resizing the browser will set the position of the app according to the margin you set.
6. If your app is a Page app, under Page URL, add your Page app endpoints. Under Default Page, add the URL for your default page and under SEO URL, add your app's SEO endpoints.
7. If your app is a BackOffice app, under BackOffice URL, add your BackOffice app endpoint. Under BackOffice height add your app height and under BackOffice Pixel URL add your tracking pixel endpoint.
8. Click Set App Settings endpoint to expand the settings section.
9. Under Settings URL, add your app settings endpoints. Under Width and Height, add the width and height of your settings panel.
You can find your app in the App Market, under the Developer Apps tab.
You can test your app inside Wix at any time during the registration process: from the right sidebar menu on each page of the Developers Center, click the Test Your App button. Alternately, you can click the Test Your App link from My apps under your app's status.
Your initial registration details are in the system. Follow the steps to add more information for your app before submitting it.
Adding Your App Info
To add app info:
1. From the Dev Center, under App Info, under App Icon, click Choose File to add an app icon. After choosing a file from your computer, click Upload.
Your app icon should be 60px by 60px and will appear in the App Market.
2. Under Image for Marketing, click Choose File to add an image for your app. After choosing a file from your computer, click Upload.
|Your app image should be 200px by 85px and will appear in the App Market.|
3. If your app is a backOffice app, under Image for main Apps & Services Page, click Choose File to add an image for your app. After choosing a file from your computer, click Upload.
Your app image should be 280px by 210px and will appear in the App & Services Page.
4. Under Add promotional text for your app, add a short description, a promotional introduction and list benefits of upgrading your app.
You can add more benefits, by clicking Add Another benefit.
4. Under Add support information for your app, add a contact information for the support that you will provide for your app.
5. Click Save and continue.
Your promotional and support information is in the system. Follow the steps to add more information for your app before submitting it.
Adding Overview Info
In the App Market, your app will have its own section that will contain three information tabs: an overview, a live demo and an overview of your app’s features. In this section, you will add general information about your app which will appear in the first tab of your section in the App Market.
To add overview info:
1. From the Dev Center, under Overview Info, under By, add your company name.
2. Under Link to website, add a link to your company website.
3. Under App description, add a short description of your app.
4. Under Preview Gallery, click Choose File to add a promotional image for your app. Once you have chosen a file from your computer, click Upload.
|You can add more images by clicking Add another image and repeating Step 4.|
5. Click Save and continue.
Adding a Live Demo
To add a live demo:
1. From the Dev Center, under Live Demo, under Live Demo URL, add the URL for your live demo.
|A preview of your demo will appear under Preview once you click enter.|
2. Click Save and continue.
Your app live demo is added. Follow the steps to add more information for your app before submitting it.
|How can I create a live demo?|
The easiest way to create a live demo is to provide us with your app iframe URL. However, we recommend that you first customize the settings of the default app to make it more attractive.
To customize your app:
Once you have finished customizing your app, click Preview Mode in the Wix Editor and copy the app iframe URL including all parameters to the live demo tab.
If you would like to add a video to the demo tab, embed the video in an internet page (even a Wix site) and put that URL in the Dev Center.
Adding a Features List and a Premium Plan for Your App
In the App Market, your app will have its own section that will contain three information tabs: an overview, a live demo and an overview of your app’s features. In this section, you will add an overview of your app's features as well as a Premium plan, if applicable.
To add a list of features and a Premium plan for your app:
1. From the Dev Center, under Features, under Set App Plan, if applicable mark the checkbox next to Premium Plan.
We recommend that you make a free version of your app available for all users.
2. If you marked the checkbox next to Premium Plan, under Package ID, add a name ID for your app. This ID will not be visible to users.
3. Under Package name, add a display name for your Premium plan. This name will appear in the App Market.
4. Under Monthly price, type a price for your Premium plan. Currently, Wix only supports monthly subscription plans.
|You will only be able to update the price from the Dev Center until you click Submit App. Once your app has been submitted for approval, please contact us with a request to update your price.|
5. Under Add App Feature List, add a list of features for your app and mark them as Free or Premium.
|You can add more features, by clicking Add Another Feature.|
6. Click Save and continue.
Your app Premium plan and features list is added. The last step is to submit your app!
Submitting Your App
To submit your app:
1. From the Dev Center, under Submit Your App, fill in your personal information and answer the brief questions about your app.
3. Sign the Wix Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement and checkmark the box confirming that you have signed them.
3. Click Submit App.
Your app is submitted.
Wix will review your submission within 30 business days.
Managing Your App
- To edit your App info click on the App name
- To test your App in the Wix HTML Editor click on "View in Wix Editor". This will open the Wix Editor, where you can find your app in the App Market under the “Developer Apps” category
Once your App will be published in the App Market, you will be able to view your App reporting, under the "Reports" tab, which includes details like:
- Views of App page
- Number of App installations
- Upgraded to premium package
- Cancelled premium package