Get to know more about our launch process so that you’re prepared every step of the way. We’ll explain how to turn your product into a Wix app that’s ready for launch.
Have questions? Reach out to us at any point in the process – we’re always here to help!
Before you get started, do some prep work to see if the Wix App Market is a good fit for your product.
The first step is to know what we’re looking for: products that are already live with users and fit into one of these app categories.
Next, go through our planning guide to get an idea of how the integration works. You’ll learn how apps work in Wix, a few of our general requirements, pricing models, and more.
Submit a proposal to show us what your product can offer users. In the proposal form, you’ll answer questions about your company and product, like how your app can help Wix users, what makes it unique, and more. Learn more.
You’ll hear back from us within 15 business days. We’ll let you know if your proposal is approved, rejected, or if we need more information.
Once we approve your proposal, an account manager will reach out to explain more about our approval process and the next step.
You can then move forward with your app:
- Create full mockups of how your app will look and behave in the Wix platform and send it to us. Your account manager will provide feedback within 10-15 business days.
- Sign our partner agreement when you send mockups to your account manager.
- Once your mockups are approved, prepare marketing materials to promote your app in the Wix App Market.
We’ll review your UI text and marketing materials later, while you’re in development.
We’ll only accept your developed app for review if it works exactly as shown in your approved mockups – so don’t start development until we approve your mockups. You’ll save time during development and the app review – and we’ll be able to launch your app sooner.
Once we approve your app’s mockups, you can start developing your app!
As you develop, follow our testing plans to thoroughly test your app. Make sure it works well and has no bugs/performance issues.
While you’re in development, we’ll also send you feedback about your app’s UI text and marketing materials.
Once you’ve completed our app submission checklist, you’re ready to submit your app for a full review.
We’ll review your app and get back to you with our initial feedback in 10-15 business days (to the email you used to register your app).
The goal of our app review is to get your app ready for launch. We’ll review your app in these steps, progressing as you pass each one:
- General Review – We’ll review your app to see that it works exactly as shown in the approved mockups.
- Technical Review – We’ll check that your app integrates properly with our platform.
- Pre-Launch Review – We’ll go over your app one last time to make sure it’s ready for launch.
We’ll publish your app in the Wix App Market. Check out our post launch section for quick answers to some initial questions you may have about what happens after launch (getting paid, user reviews, how we introduce and promote your app, and more).