allows site owners to create and manage events, including selling tickets or collecting RSVPs.
- Event - a type of gathering an individual or a business holds for a group of people. Our APIs support 3 different types of events:
- RSVP events: Free events that collect RSVPs - yes/no attendance tracking (e.g., a wedding).
- Ticketed events: Events which have tickets for sale (e.g., a conference).
- External registration events: Events where the registration occurs on a different website and the events within the Wix platform are display-only.
- Ticket definition - the settings that define the ticket options available for purchase for ticketed events. Name, price and currency are required for each ticket definition.
- Policy - free-text that defines terms & conditions and other policies, as relevant.
A Wix service fee of 2.5% is charged for each ticket sold. This fee can either be passed on to the buyer or absorbed by the event owner.
The Wix Events APIs include:
- Event: Create and manage the events the business offers.
- RSVP: Manage guest RSVP statuses (for RSVP events).
- Tickets: Manage purchased tickets (for ticketed events).
- Ticket Definitions: Create and manage the types of tickets available for purchase (for ticketed events).
- Registration Form: Manage the data collected from customers during registration (for both RSVP and ticketed events).
- Policy: Create and manage event policies - when applied, these policies must be accepted during Checkout or RSVP creation.
- Checkout: Create and manage reservations.
- Order: Manage and track ticket orders.