Let’s get your app ready for success! During the mockup review, we’ll give you feedback on how to turn your app into one that’s right for Wix users.
Here’s what you can expect during the mockup review:
- You’ll get feedback on your app. Your account manager will review your mockups and give you feedback on how to create the right experience for Wix users. You’ll get this feedback within 10-15 business days.
- Update your mockups according to our feedback. When you’re done, send your account manager the updated mockups.
- We’ll approve your mockups once they’re pixel-perfect. By pixel-perfect, we mean that your mockups meet our product requirements, have every screen and use case clearly defined, and have the right app experience for Wix users.
We manage app reviews in Asana – we’ll send you an invite to Asana as soon as our feedback is ready.
We’ll do our best to review your mockups as quickly as possible.
Here’s what to do on your end to make the review process short and sweet:
- As you create mockups, follow our guidelines and ask questions. As you go through our UI/UX guidelines to create your mockups, reach out to your account manager if you’re unsure of how to apply them in your app.
- Wait for us to finish reviewing before you go over our comments. We’ll let you know when we’re done, and that’s when you can start implementing and asking questions. We ask you to wait because we sometimes remove or change our comments as we review.
- Once we send you feedback, don’t wait too long to respond. If we haven’t heard back from you in awhile, we’ll reach out. However, if more than one month goes by and we haven’t heard back, you may be required to start the process again.
- Understand our feedback before you implement. To save time and avoid frustration, ask us any questions about the review – before you start implementing.
- Communication is key. If you feel that we proposed a solution that’s too complicated or not a good fit for your app, talk to us. We can work on a better solution together.
- Go through our feedback carefully. You’ll need to implement all of our “must-fix” comments. We’re more flexible when it comes to our “recommendations”, but we strongly suggest implementing them to make your app the best it can be.
Once we approve your mockups, here’s what to do next:
- Prepare your app’s marketing materials. Once they’re ready, send them to your account manager.
- Go through our app requirements and launch guide, so that you’re prepared every step of the way.
- Start developing your app. Remember to stick to the approved mockups and test your app thoroughly.
While you’re developing, we’ll go over your UI text and marketing materials. Your account manager will send you feedback from our content experts.
We’ll only accept your developed app for review if it works exactly as shown in your approved mockups – so don’t start development until we approve your mockups. You’ll save time during development and the app review – and we’ll be able to launch your app sooner.