Once you’ve checked that Wix is a good fit for your app, submit a proposal in the Dev Center to tell us more about your app. In the proposal form, you’ll answer questions about your company and product, like how your app can help Wix users, what makes it unique, and more.
Not ready to submit a proposal? You can create a test app to get a feel for how our apps work, play around with our SDK, and more.
You’ll only be able to move forward in the app process if we approve your proposal.
Here’s what we recommend you do before submitting a proposal:
- New to Wix? Learn more about us, our users, and our apps.
- Know what we’re looking for. We’re reviewing proposals for apps that are already live products with users. Apps should offer new or game-changing functionality for users, in one of these categories.
- Find what makes your idea unique. Browse our App Market to see if we have similar apps. Make sure your app offers value by offering features or functionality that similar apps don’t.
- Let our docs be your guide. Read through our planning guide and app requirements so that you understand the basics of integrating your product.
- Know our top reasons for rejecting proposals. Keep these reasons in mind as you do your initial research and prepare the proposal:
- The app is still a concept or in beta. We’re looking for existing products that already have users.
- The app just isn’t a good fit for the App Market – mostly because it doesn’t offer value for Wix users.
- The app doesn’t fit into the categories we’re looking for.
- There are other apps that do the same thing – and do it really well. If your app doesn’t offer something new or different, we may reject your proposal. On a related note: to avoid having too many similar apps, we’re no longer accepting apps in these categories.
Questions? Ask our experts!
The goal is to show us what your product can offer users. In the proposal form, you’ll answer questions about your company and product, like how your app can help Wix users, what makes it unique, and more.
Your proposal (and your app) must be in English, even if you’re planning to also offer the app in other languages.
Want to have everything ready before you get started in the Dev Center? Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
- A name for your app – Usually, this would be the name of your existing product. You’ll be able to change it later.
- An app description – Write down what your app does, how you plan to integrate with Wix, and anything else that can help us get to know your app.
- The main features – Write down a brief explanation for each important feature in your app.
- Integration requirements (optional) – Check if your app needs any info from Wix to work, like purchases made on Wix sites.
- A value proposition – Write down how your app can help Wix users do more with their site.
- A list of similar apps and what makes your app unique. Browse through the App Market to find apps that offer similar features. Take note of what your app has to offer that other apps don’t.
- A pricing plan (optional) – Think about the kind of business model you want to use, and what you plan to charge per month.
We’ll also ask you for more info about your product and company, like a link to the company website and more.
Here’s how to submit your app proposal in the Dev Center:
- Log in to your Wix Developer account (or register, if you don’t yet have one).
- Click Start Now.
- Under Submit a Proposal for Your App, click Get Started.
- Fill out the proposal form with information about your company and app.
Share as much as you can – it’ll help us get a better sense of your app and its value for Wix users.
We’ll review your proposal and get back to you within 15 business days. You’ll get an email to the address you provided in your Wix Developer account. (You can change the address in your Developer Info page.)
Here’s what you can expect:
- If your proposal is approved, an account manager will help you get started with mockups. We’ll give you feedback so that you can create your mockups and get your app ready for development.
- If we need more information, we’ll ask you to send it. We may have a few follow up questions about your product before we can approve or reject your proposal.
- If Wix isn’t the right market for your app, we’ll reject your proposal. You won’t be able to submit this app for review later, but we encourage you to let us know if you have another product that might be a better fit. Check out our tips for a successful proposal.