The Domain Search API allows you to retrieve suggestions for domains that are spot-on for your customers' sites and check the availability of a specific domain.
With the Domain Search API you can:
- Check whether a specific domain is available for purchase.
- Generate suggestions for available domains.
You can use the to purchase domains through Wix. Learn more about managing DNS zones with the . If you've bought a domain externally, you can connect it to the relevant Wix site with the .
- Not all TLDs can be registered through Wix. Contact the Wix B2B team at for more information.
- If you want to register a domain to a Wix site, the site must have an active . Learn more about .
- Domain: Domain name including (TLD).
- Suggestion: A suggested domain that's available for purchase.
- Registered domain: Domain that's purchased, registered, and billed through Wix.
- External domain: Domain that has been purchased through an external provider, not Wix. You can use the Connected Domains API to connect external domains to Wix sites.
- Account: Wix account that includes access to associated sites.
- Team account: Account type that supports collaborative work by having multiple sets of login credentials. This is especially helpful for agencies and resellers when managing a large number of customer sites. In Wix Studio team accounts are called workspaces. An agency may have multiple workspaces in Wix Studio, while in Wix Editor they're limited to a single team account.
- Sub-account: Account that's contained within another account, forming a hierarchical structure. The owners of the sub-account are only able to interact with sites that belong to the sub-account. This setup is particularly useful for agencies and resellers since it limits client access to relevant sites only.