This article shares possible use cases your app could support, as well as an example flow. You're certainly not limited to these use cases, but it can be a helpful jumping off point as you plan your app's implementation.
Your app could help site owners import a catalog from their external POS to Wix Restaurants. We recommend to use a to update multiple entities of a catalog at once. This prevents customers from seeing partially updated menus.
- Retrieve the external catalog.
- Prepare a mapping to support future syncs and store it on your servers. Make sure to include all external IDs such as menu and dish IDs in the mapping.
- Optional: Call the
Note: You can skip this step if a restaurant has only a single location.
endpoint. Identify and save the relevant location ID.
- Retrieve all catalogs by calling the endpoint. Identify the relevant catalog and save the corresponding catalog ID. If a restaurant has multiple locations, identify the relevant catalog by location ID.
- to synchronize your update.
- Retrieve the existing menu IDs with the endpoint and save them.
- Use the endpoint to archive all existing menus.
- Add all variations to the draft catalog using the endpoint. Make sure to retrieve the item IDs and include them in your mapping.
- Call the endpoint to add all dishes to the draft catalog. Make sure to retrieve the item IDs and include them in your mapping.
- Use the endpoint to add all sections to the draft catalog. Make sure to retrieve the section IDs and include them in your mapping.
- Add all menus to the draft catalog by calling the endpoint. Make sure to retrieve the menu IDs and include them in your mapping.
- Publish your changes to the live site using the endpoint.
Your app can help site owners keep their Wix Restaurants catalogs up-to-date with changes to their external POS. Before you can start, you'll need to have a mapping between the two catalogs. You can read about one possible way to create such a mapping in the example flow above.
- Listen to external webhooks for changes to the POS.
- Update your mapping according to the changes.
- Update the relevant Wix Restaurants catalog by calling the , , or endpoint. In case the update includes multiple changes, we recommend to use a .