IN THIS ARTICLE
With Wix Restaurants Catalogs, site owners can manage individual catalogs for each of their restaurant locations.
The Catalogs API allows your app to:
- Retrieve catalogs
- Read and manage menus, sections, dishes, variations, and discounts
- Use draft catalogs to synchronize updates
You can read more about setting up and managing multiple locations for a business with the .
- Catalog: Collection of menus and discounts available in a specific location.
- Draft Catalog: Allows you to publish multiple changes to a catalog at the same time.
- Menu: Catalogs are made up of menus. For example "Breakfast", "Lunch", and "Dinner" menus.
- Section: Menus are made up of sections. For example "Appetizers", "Entrees", and "Desserts" sections.
- Item: Anything that customers can buy in the restaurant. Can be of type dish or variation.
- Dish: Item that appears in a section of a menu.
- Variation: Item that doesn't appear in a section on its own, only as a choice for a dish.
- Choice: Item that customers can choose to modify a dish. Both item types variation and dish are supported.
- Available Choices: All possible choices for a dish.
- Default Choices: The choices for a dish that are selected by default.
- Selected Choices: The choices a customer has selected for a dish.
- Dish Option: Type of the choice. Can be an extra, selection, or deselection.
- Extra: Item that customers can add to a dish. For example a topping. Customers can add multiple extras per dish.
- Selection: Item that customers can select. For example a dish size. Customers can choose only a single selection per dish.
- Deselection: Item that customers can remove from a dish. For example a specific ingredient. Customers can remove multiple deselections per dish.
- Label: Information about the ingredients and constituents of a dish. For example "spicy", "hot", "vegan", "gluten-free", or "organic".
- Discount: Can be an amount or percentage. Applies to a catalog, section, or dish. Customers may need to enter a coupon code to receive the discount.
- Each location has a single catalog.
- A section belongs to a single menu.
- You can create discounts for catalogs, sections, or dishes. You can't create a discount that applies to a menu.
- Currently, the webhook doesn't return information about what has changed. In order to update an external POS upon changes to a Wix Restaurants catalog you may need to create your own logic to identify the changes.
Was this helpful?