With Wix Inbox, site contributors can communicate with the site's visitors, contacts, and members through Wix Chat, SMS, a Facebook business page, or other channels. Visitor activities on the site and 3rd-party services can also be displayed in Inbox conversations.
The Inbox APIs expose functionality for working with a site's inbox. With the Inbox APIs, your app can:
- on behalf of the business or a visitor.
- between a visitor and the business.
- Handle webhooks when messages are sent to or , when a , or when .
- A message is sent from the business to the visitor
or from the visitor to the business.
Messages can be one of these types:
- A conversation is a collection of messages that takes place between two or more participants. Conversations are displayed in the site's , one conversation per site visitor, contact, or member.
- A participant is the site visitor, contact, or member.