This article shares possible use cases your app could support, as well as example flows. You're certainly not limited to these use cases, but it can be a helpful jumping off point as you plan your app's implementation.
Your app can help site owners check which emails a contact opened.
- With a contact's email address, use Query Contacts to retrieve their Contact ID.
- Use List Campaigns to retrieve all of the Campaign IDs for a site's campaigns.
- For each of the retrieved Campaign IDs, use List Recipients with the
- Extract only those campaigns where recipients.contactId matches the selected Contact ID.
Your app can help a site owner run an A/B test on the subject of their new email campaign.
- Divide a site's contacts into two segments and use labels to differentiate them.
- Use the
labelIdsparameter in Publish Campaign to send 1 of the segments the new email campaign with 1 option for the
emailSubject. Send the same email campaign with a different
emailSubjectto the other segment, also using
- Use List Campaigns to retrieve the Campaign IDs for both campaigns.
- Use List Statistics to receive the statistics for both campaigns.
- Calculate and compare the
OPENEDrates for both campaigns.